Integrated Health Care Association Honors PAMF for Quality Medical Care
The Palo Alto Medical Foundation (PAMF), including the Mills-Peninsula Division of PAMF, was one of six Sutter Medical Network physician organizations recognized by the Integrated Healthcare Association (IHA) in September 2013 as statewide leaders in quality medical care.
The six members of the Sutter Medical Network recognized by IHA at top performers are:
- Top Performer – Palo Alto Medical Foundation – Mills-Peninsula Division / Mills-Peninsula Medical Group, serving San Mateo county
- Top Performer – Palo Alto Medical Foundation, serving Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, San Mateo and Alameda counties
- Top Performer – Sutter East Bay Medical Foundation, serving Alameda and Contra Costa counties
- Top Performer – Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation – Sutter Medical Group of the Redwoods, serving Sonoma and Lake counties
- Top Performer and Most Improved – Sutter Gould Medical Foundation, serving San Joaquin, Stanislaus and Merced counties
- Top Performer – Sutter Medical Foundation – Sutter Medical Group, serving Sacramento, El Dorado, Solano, Yuba, Placer and Nevada counties, affiliated with the Sutter Medical Foundation
California consumers benefit from the availability of standardized performance results from a common measure set, which are available to the public through the State of California, Office of the Patient Advocate.
About the IHA Awards
The IHA P4P common measure set is designed to include measures that are evidence-based and relevant to California consumers. The measure set is dynamic, with new measures added each year and an increasing focus on outcome measures. For measurement, IHA examines performance in clinical quality, patient experience, meaningful use of health IT and appropriate resource use.
Top Performing award winners are identified by calculating composite scores in each of the P4P quality measurement domains, which are then weighted according to the recommended P4P payment weightings to compute an overall composite score. Any physician organization whose overall composite score meets a comprehensive threshold based on the top 25 percent score for each measure included in P4P is designated a top performer.
About the Palo Alto Medical Foundation
The Palo Alto Medical Foundation (PAMF) for Health Care, Research and Education is a not-for-profit health care organization that is a pioneer in the multispecialty group practice of medicine. Founded in 1930, PAMF is part of the Peninsula Coastal Region of Sutter Health, one of the nation’s leading not-for-profit networks of community-based health care providers. Sutter Health’s Peninsula Coastal Region also includes Mills-Peninsula Health Services. PAMF’s 1,000 affiliated physicians and 4,900 employees serve nearly 730,000 patients at its medical centers and clinics in Alameda, San Mateo, Santa Clara and Santa Cruz counties. For more information about the Palo Alto Medical Foundation, please visit the PAMF website, newsroom and blog, follow us on Twitter, and join us on Facebook.
If you liked this article, you may also like:
Bay Area Parent Names PAMF Pediatricians “Best in Bay Area” PAMF to Participate in National Initiative to Prevent Heart Attacks and Strokes PAMF Earns Top Honors for Patient Care Sharks Foundation Donates $25,000 to PAMF’s Youth Nutrition Program National Fertility Organization Honors PAMF Fertility Medical Director